Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lunge Lessons!

So I haven't had proper lunge lessons in about three years, as none of the horses I rode did them very well. I've been having fun this week and last doing them on Indy, a huge (well, he's 16.1 and I'm 4'11"!) breeding stock Paint (looks like an Appendix QH!). He's great for lungeing because he sort of has one gait -- very helpful at the trot. His trot is super bouncy, which I kind of like for posting -- you don't have to work to post like you do on some horses. Was really able to work on isolating my core and rotating my seat bones beneath me to sit evenly and felt a lot better than the last few weeks. Hopefully I won't be asked to sit it anytime soon! But he's fun and really, really sweet. His personality is funny, though -- he alternates between being really aloof and totally in your pocket. But he's enjoyable to be around, which is always my top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment