Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cantering, Climbing Fences and Other Miscellany

So... random update.

We cantered! Did a few half circles a few weeks ago and felt good!  Between him and me we haven't done it again and I can't wait to try soon after he's healed from his hock injections.

Today Indy needed to walk around a bit because he's recovering from having his hocks injected, and I needed a groundwork/mounting refresher.  Indy's adopting more of a "school horse" mentality which means he knows which ones of us mean business... and I would rather be in the group he pays attention to!  Worked on mounting at both mounting blocks, dismounting at the high block... and finally mounting using the arena fence.  My first few attempts at climbing it were lacking, but I got the hang of it and was able to actually get on twice that way.  You never know when it will come in handy, so I'm glad I have that skill.  Mia's threatened to only let me mount from the fence for the next few weeks!  Sounds ridiculous, but I think I'm up for the challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment