Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Horsey update, yet more changes!

Barn-hunting must be like one of those speed-dating events, I think. Not like I would know, though.

Rode at Barn #3 for a month or so, and while it was fun I didn't really feel a benefit for the price. In a half-hour, without proper warm-up time, I wasn't riding well and it wasn't worth the trip.

Tried Barn #4 once, and it was okay but an hour away with questionable transportation. Rode a cute paint mustang, though!

And due to life changes, I'm actually moving back to where I was living until last year in November.  Had a great lunge lesson with my same trainer when I was there last week. Rode a little pony named Harris, who has amazing gaits but doesn't want to be a school pony. Luckily, lunging isn't as offensive!

Worked a lot on getting myself on my seat bones (but in the right way), and getting myself on my right seat bone that likes to pop up. I just love the language of the method she teaches and how much it clicks with how my brain works.

I'm excited for the new (and old) horses I will soon get to ride and the new lessons and concepts I will learn and apply!

Alas, no pictures of cute pony as my phone decided to die on me completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment