Friday, April 9, 2010

Walk work & shoulder-ins

Today we tried to keep it simple (both the pony and I were tired!), focusing on walk work with the new leg position I've been working on (more contact through my thighs without gripping, my heels a tad bit "higher" to enable this contact). Radar was very responsive to this and we got some rather forward walk. Then we did some shoulder-ins, and once again he was really, really responsive to my leg. I tried not to think at all about his head or neck, and think about it all coming from the hind end. This worked really, really well and I avoided bracing or overflexing him while still getting a good shoulder-in. Did a bit of sitting trot; it went really well, too. Didn't get to do any canter work like on Tuesday, but it was a good lesson nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment