Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ole! we cantered

I've been having good rides on both Ole and Indy in the last few weeks, but on Tuesday I got to canter Ole for the first time!  Mia convinced me that I should try the canter as, right now, his canter is literally no faster than his speedy trot... and she was totally right.  His canter reminds me of the Fjord I used to ride, not dressage-y in any way, but super comfortable and easy to ride for a novice like me.  It was really fun and a great reminder to myself that, yes, I'm totally capable of cantering!  Hadn't cantered since I stopped riding Radar (in... April? May?) as Indy's canter stride is probably a bit big for me.  Sometimes I'm still not sure I totally trust Ole, but after a ride like Tuesday's where he really seemed happy and willing I'm super hopeful he'll work out.  I just wish he steered a tad bit better right now!  Think we'll reserve cantering for empty arenas for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment