Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Simple is good sometimes

My lesson today on Indy after a week and a half break was wonderful.  We just took it really easy, working large and focusing on lengthening and compressing the trot, and doing transitions.  He was so "on" today that I got great half halts just from my seat alone.  I kind of love being able to ride a horse that other, more experienced riders tune up for me, lol.  But as Mia said, he does more challenging lessons and can "relax" and go perfectly for me and her less experienced riders.  And he is completely happy doing this.  Really, I think he is utterly content going large and not really challenging himself much at all, lol.  He could definitely get used to it, but mixing the different types of rides is wonderful for both him and his various riders.

No comments:

Post a Comment