Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Saint Indy (seriously)

So today I (and thus, Indy) started off really sluggish.  I was tight and stressed out, hence he was not moving forward.  Once I got him forward, we worked a lot on working on as long a rein as possible, basically at the buckle, and having him respond to seat aids, we did a bunch of lengthenings/shortenings, and just trying to get him to remain on the rail and basically get in the corners even on a very long rein.  He was wonderful and I love how he's so adjustable through the seat.

Mia said something I'd been thinking before: he has a QH personality in a TB body.  He likes to be ridden like a QH: don't mess with my face, I can take care of this, I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing because I think I'm supposed to do it.  Such a good guy, and I'm so privileged to ride him!

No comments:

Post a Comment