Monday, October 12, 2009

A fun exercise ride

Did a short exercise ride on Bandit before volunteering this afternoon, it was so much fun! I'm sad there is only one more week of the year left, I enjoy riding him. Did a lot of trying to bend him, maintaining some sort of rhythm at the trot, slowing him down with my seat and organizing his trot a bit. I have to say again that I enjoy his canter so, so much! It's funny since he works best with minimal contrast-- quite a departure from the need-contact-to-canter issues I've been having in my lessons. His canter (well, lope-- it's slow!) is so smooth and easy to ride. I tried to work on keeping my elbows back and, of course, my seat deep to prepare me for tomorrow's lesson. All in all, a very fun ride even though I didn't quite "work" as much as in a formal lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment