Sunday, November 8, 2009

he likes me, he really likes me!

Friday:

I had such a generally pleasing ride on Friday. When I went to get Radar from the gelding pasture he started chewing as I put the halter on, and he was "relaxed", shall we say, during our lesson breaks. We did a lot of work on leg yielding bending left, since that's his more difficult direction, and did fairly well with it. Did a bunch of canter circles, including a right lead one at B that was actually successful! I was slightly worried about the prospect of how steering would work but it did.

Tuesday:

Despite a bit of loose horse drama (practiced my emergency dismount for the first time in a while!) I had a totally amazing ride on Tuesday. I finally got the concept of tightening my core in the sitting trot to avoid bracing and arching my back (which hurts!) and when I did that Radar totally started to move out. His trot totally changed for the better (ha! Wicked reference, couldn't help myself) but was still relatively easy to sit. I had such a fun lesson and I can't wait to see how it translates to my lesson on Friday.

This ride really got across the point to me that I need to do some cross-training of some kind. Am going to investigate splurging on a Wii Fit, since I've wanted one for a while and am not really pleased with my local pilates/yoga options.

No comments:

Post a Comment