Sunday, November 1, 2009

and when you ride your circle like a square...

it's actually more successful! In my lesson on Friday we ended up working on canter circles tracking left, which are really difficult on Radar since he's fairly resistant to bending and truly yielding that direction. It was actually really a matter of taking what I've been doing really successfully at the trot and trying to make it work at the canter, too. We had varying degrees of success with the canter circle, but got excellent trot work so it wasn't all that bad. And even when Radar wasn't doing it "right" (yield? bend? why the hell should I do that when I can plow to the right!) he was comfortable and happy with his job. Not a bad ride at all, I think. Just waiting for the canter breakthrough to happen for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment