Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Commitment

So I struggle with commitment. Not the go out to the barn and take a lesson kind of commitment, but the "I sort of asked you to lower your head five strides ago and you still haven't" lack of commitment. I need to ride stronger and it's something that I've always struggled with, I don't know whether it is just due to me being a chicken or physical stuff, but I'm not as forceful as I need to be.  And the horse is always so much happier when you actually give him clear signals! Poor guy.

Worked a lot on getting him nice and low and releasing without dropping him.  That feeling is sometimes hard to grasp, and the difference between a nice release and "oops! I got too far forward and he dropped me" but by the end I felt it and got a very nice trot.  Ended with a nice canter and I finally felt myself able to change my position and make improvements during his canter.  The "pointing with your knees" - although it sounds so odd! - really improved everything today.

No comments:

Post a Comment