Thursday, September 3, 2009

Knowing versus doing...

Dressage is cerebral, I think that is part of what I love about it. But, alas, you also have to be able to do what you're thinking about. For a good year or so, I understood the theoretical aspects of what I wanted: inside leg to outside rein isn't that much of a stretch, is it? But my body just would. not. cooperate with that idea. No matter how well I conceptualized what I wanted to happen, I couldn't get it to translate to my riding.

Over the past year, as my instructor has pointed out to me, I finally started to get the concept of feel. I can actually sense what I'm doing and am beginning to make the changes necessary for my pony to go so much better. It's just so nice to finally be able to think about doing something, do it, and get the desired result! Hopefully more breakthroughs are eminent...

No comments:

Post a Comment