Friday, September 11, 2009

Now THIS is why I ride...

So I'm tired, slightly blistered and very dusty, but so happy with my ride today! I didn't get a lesson last week so I was a little worried about how I would feel, but everything is coming together so nicely that I had a wonderful ride! We were forward, bending (well, as much as a very stiff draft pony ever bends...), and connected. Towards the end of the ride, even our canter came together well - I'm finally at the point where I'm both comfortable and effective at the faster gait. Had a good collected sitting trot into the canter, too. Can I say it enough that I love riding this pony?

Had a talk with my instructor about figuring out how to get an extra lesson or ride in for the next few months... it's hard figuring out what horses I can ride and how I can afford it - but I hope I can make it work for the next few months, since I have no idea what I'll be able to do horse-wise once I finish grad school and start working.

No comments:

Post a Comment